FAQ - Architecting
Will Fusebuilder support FB4.1 soon?
I'm happy to be able to report that FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition is now available! Here is some of the new features:
- Import an existing Fusebox 4.x application for use as a FuseBuilder project! FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition now includes the files you need to import either a ColdFusion or PHP application, complete with all your fusebox xml, circuit xml, and any Class methods/arguments or Lexicon verbs/attributes. This is a terrific new feature, and completely paves the way for 'Round-trip Editing' inside FuseBuilder.
- Define all possible fuseaction elements, including <assert/> and custom lexicons, as well as updated attributes for older tags, such as "contentvariable" for the <include/> tag, and "prepend" for the <do/> tag.
- Define Classes in fusebox.xml, complete with all methods and arguments, and its constructor. Generated frameworks will include a properly formatted class "stub" file or CFC. The definitions of the Class will also be used for auto-completing the <invoke/> and <instantiate/> tags in your fuseaction. And, to make it even easier to work in, FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition will allow you to "import" existing CFCs!
- Define Lexicon namespaces in fusebox.xml. You can also define the verb files for each namespace, their attributes, and even the code they generate! Additionally, any attributes defined in the verbs will be used for auto-completion of custom lexicon tags in your fuseaction.
- Define settings, xfas and code 'snippets' for fusebox.init. A snippet can be any reusable code, such as a security procedure, 'multiple-submit' procedure, or 'SES' to name a few. You can even create parameters for the snippets so the code generated in the project's fusebox.init can be customized.
- Live code 'preview' of circuit.xml, fusebox.xml, fusebox.init, class files, verb files, and fuses, switching back and forth from PHP or ColdFusion.
- Select or de-select individual files for generating, including "Application.cfm", "index.php/cfm", the core files, etc.
Here's a review of FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition written by Team Fusebox's own John Beynon.
FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition has full FB4.1 generators for both ColdFusion MX / BlueDragon, and PHP. FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition unzips into its own folder, and existing FuseBuilder project files can be read in and 'updated' automatically.
FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition is an entirely new application, designed specifically for Fusebox 4.1 frameworks. While you should be able to open existing project files in FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition, current generators for FB3 or 4 will not support the features that Fusebox 4.1 is built around.
FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition is available for download by site members possessing a Multi-User License ($350). Members with a Single-User License can click on the sidebar button within their copy of FuseBuilder 1.3 to pay the difference for the full license. Additionally, current unlicensed members can pay for a Multi-User License now and get a license for FuseBuilder 1.3, as well as access to all other downloads on the site including FuseBuilder 4.1 Edition.